2 Reasons why this generation is spending a lot of time on Social media.
The number one reason why people are spending a lot of time on social media platforms is they don’t know what to do with their time and they have no clarity in life. Even though they know that they have no concrete purpose in life, they don’t have the energy and effort to get to know that. Putting energy and effort to do something is not easy because it needs patience, consistency, and courage. Since it is easy to log in to Facebook and have a fun time is easy. So they do it. If a video excites you, we yearn for more likely videos. Social media platforms are made considering all these attractive qualities.
There comes the second reason. We spend time because we don’t know what to do with it, then we get attached to the pleasures of it. Finally, it becomes an addiction. Our hands automatically grab and go to the app and scroll.
How to reduce the time spent on social media
- Our environment impacts our lifestyle. You could try keeping your mobile away from your hands to reach it without any leg movement.
- Reduce notifications only to important apps.
- Make the mobile cover less attractive so that every time you cross it, you are not tempted to grab it.
- Log out from social media and log in when needed only.
- While taking time to comment on some posts, think about whether this is important or not.
- You don’t need to answer all the calls all the time, set boundaries for your most valuable time.
There are a lot of ways to control addiction, let us explore the rest in another article.
Thanks much for giving your valuable time to reading, if you have gained something from this, let me know by your claps or comments.